Saturday, 14 March 2015

What is a Cosplay?



The definition = A person in which wears costumes and fashion accessories which represent a specific character or idea. 



My best friend has been a Cosplayer for ages, 6 years to be exact. And his bloody amazing at it. I always helped him make his costumes and dye wigs then one year it hit me I actually want to dress up this year at comic-con. 

And in 3 weeks I put together a costume, my first ever Cosplay. Although I didn't make anything, I did dye the wig to make it the exact shade of green I desired. This was the outcome. And for my first ever Cosplay it turned out pwitty good, the response I got was unbelievable. 
May 2013 - London MCM comiccon

Yep, I did a female version of the joker and yes that is a Harley Quinn skull plushie. :)(: 

In the last 2 years I've gone as a few different things, I've gone as a Star Wars Storm Trooper, Female Tin-man (Wizard of OZ) , Female Bane, Harley Quinn and my most recent cosplay at London Comic Con October 2014 was Cruella De' vil.

This year however I have a few tricks up my sleeve and I've chosen an other Disney character. From the beginning of December I had a lot of ideas as to who I would Cosplay the options were... Megra (Hercules),V for vendetta, Zantana (DC Comics), Electra (Marvel Comics) and Mystique (Marvel Comics). Until I did come across something. There is one Disney character who I love and have never seen ever at Comic-con. I haven't told you who I will Cosplay as but I will be making a video dairy of comic con weekend this May. But I have been making my costume this year and can't wait.

And now for some pictures of my favourite Cosplays...

Female Green Arrow. 



Red Skull

Female Captain America





The Tardis 



Monsters Inc




 Hope this helped explaining what Cosplay is:)(:.
And remember to have fun, it's not just about having an awesome costumes that make you stand out it's about being comfortable and having fun be true to yourself and who you cosplay as. Also don't be a dick or bitch to other cosplayers because then you will start a war at comic-con and that is a no no. so just have fun :)  

- Trust Faith and Pixie Dust xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment